The global mammography market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. North America dominates the market, due to growing awareness of breast cancer in the region.
Request a sample of this report @ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2132302?utm_source=km
Growing Prevalence of Breast Cancer
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports breast cancer to be one of the most common cancer among women, irrespective of race or ethnicity. It is also the third most common cause of death from cancer among American Indian/Alaska Native women. World Health Organization (WHO) reports a death toll of over 508,000 women in 2011, due to breast cancer. National Cancer Institute estimated 246,660 new cases and 40,450 deaths due to breast cancer in 2016. As the global population is aging, a large number of women are expected to move into the 60+ age category. Women aged 60 years and above, account for almost 78% of all breast-cancer related deaths. Thus, the growing prevalence of breast cancer coupled with technological advancement in mammography devices, growing awareness regarding early diagnosis, and increasing investment from private players in the breast cancer screening campaigns are likely to drive market growth.
Risk of Adverse Effects from Radiation Exposure
The mammography procedure involves the subject or the patient to be exposed to multiple sets of radiation for therapeutic purposes, however, radiation therapy is not always good for the patient’s health. Extended exposure to radio waves can have adverse side-effects on the patient’s health, depending upon the levels of radiation the patient is exposed to. Internal exposure can sometimes cause deposition of certain elements in bones or organs. Thus, the risk associated with radiation exposure and decline in reimbursement rate is likely to restrain the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
North America is expected to hold the largest share of mammography market during the forecast period, due to rise in prevalence of breast cancer and growing awareness regarding early diagnosis, in the region. The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to register a high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to factors such as growing aging population, growing government initiatives to create awareness regarding breast cancer, and early diagnosis.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017: Fujifilm Holdings, subsidiary Fujifilm Medical Systems is facing a patent infringement suit from Hologic Inc., which claims that the company infringed 5 of its mammogram technology patents.
- September 2017: GE Healthcare received approval from The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the first 2D digital mammography system “The Senographe Pristina with Self-Compression.”
FUJIFILM MEDICAL SYSTEMS, GE HEALTHCARE, HOLOGIC INC., IMS GIOTTO S.P.A, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS NV, METALTRONICA SPA, MINDRAY MEDICAL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, PLANMED OY, SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS, AND TOSHIBA MEDICAL SYSTEMS, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future global mammography market outlook, in the developed and emerging markets
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Make an enquiry of this report @ http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2132302?utm_source=km
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019