Reasons for the study
• The aim of the study is to present a detailed outlook of the global water desalination market
• We have been tracking the water and wastewater treatment market. As an extension of this market, we have found out that the desalination process is gaining tremendous importance as a solution to address potable water crisis across the world.
• While studying the liquid filtration industry, we found out that the reverse osmosis (RO) process is growing at a rapid pace across geographies. Water desalination is one of the fast-expanding applications of RO tech and has been attracting investments as a solution for the fresh water crisis in arid regions
• During research on the water management services on a regional and country level, we noticed that the number of initiatives for installing desalination plants has come to a forefront
Key industry insights
• The global desalination market size was estimated to be USD xx million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 8% over the forecast period. Over the past few years, the global water desalination industry has risen tremendously reaching 99.8 million cubic meters per day (m3/d) in 2017
• Rising shortage of potable water has been one of the primary factors driving the global water desalination market. As fresh water reserves are depleting fast, there are several initiatives being undertaken by regulatory bodies to install desalination plants to cover the supply-demand gap.
• Market dynamics in the Middle East vary enormously from the rest of the world. Desalination in this region is a mature market, driven typically by its constant utilization in the oil & gas industry.
• Asia Pacific is likely to illustrate an exponential growth in terms of water utilization, especially in the manufacturing sector. Presence of a large industrial base in the region and substantial freshwater requirements across various manufacturing and processing sectors including metallurgy, oil & gas, and chemicals are likely to fuel water desalination demand in the region.
• Seawater desalination dominated the global water management industry primarily due to the prominent abundance of salt-water sources. Rising number of projects in the municipal utilities sector is expected to fuel the demand for desalination from seawater.
• Reverse osmosis, a membrane-based filter technology has emerged as the largest and fastest growing technology for desalination, although thermal desalination is being practiced widely across the world. Energy and cost savings due to the absence of any heating processes for separation in RO systems has resulted in their increased installation over the past 15 years and this trend is expected to continue further till 2025.
• Several large and established players operate in the global water desalination industry including GE, Suez Environnement S.A., Veolia Environnement S.A., The Dow Chemical Company, and Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction.
• In October 2015, Veolia commenced operations at Campo Dalías desalination plant, one of the biggest in Europe. With a capacity of 97,200 m3/d, the plant’s infrastructure was designed in a manner to accommodate an expansion to 129,600 m3/d in case of the requirement of an extra capacity in the future. The construction of the plant was completed in November 2014 that required over 1,200,000 manpower hours with 12,810 membranes and installation of 41 km long distribution pipelines.
Request a Free Sample of The Report: http://orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2085749
Technology Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Revenue)
o Reverse osmosis (RO)
o Multi-stage flash distillation (MSF)
o Multiple-effect distillation (MED)
o Electrodialysis (ED)
Water Source Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Revenue)
o Brackish water
Regional Overview, 2015 – 2025 (Revenue)
Central & South America
The report has analyzed several players in the market, some of which include
• Suez Environnement
• Veolia Environnement S.A.
• Dow Chemical Company
• Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
Major Points From The Table Of Contents:
Chapter 1. Research Methodology
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Outlook
Chapter 4. Technology Overview
Chapter 5. Water Source Overview
Chapter 6. Regional Overview
Chapter 7. Industry Structure
Chapter 8. Company Profiles
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019